Author Topic: Valley of Baca - Mecca? (Makkah)  (Read 4511 times)

Peter

• Administrator
  • the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Valley of Baca - Mecca? (Makkah)
« on: March 18, 2010, 06:09:16 AM »
The name "Makka", is mentioned in Quran surah 48:24, and again in 33:50 (but in parantheses), and is somehow even suggested to be one in the same with the name "Bakka", that is found in Surah 3:96. Even if Mohammed had used two names for Mecca, Islam's holiest city - it's most important geographical location since Adam - would then only be mentioned three times in the Quran. Compare this with the name Jerusalem, which is mentioned 814 times in 767 verses, in the Word or God.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=jerusalem&t=KJV

Some Muslims suggest that there is at least a scriptural record of Mecca mentioned in the Old Testament as "Baca", by removing the following verse from context and trying to suggest a similarity between the Hebrew word Baca and the name "Bakka", from the Quran.

Psalms 84:6 [Who] passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.

But the most obvious difficulty with this claim is the very next verse:

84:7 They go from strength to strength, [every one of them] in Zion appeareth before God.

Zion is mentioned 153 times in God's Word because it is the name of the easternmost hill of ancient Jerusalem.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/translationResults.cfm?Criteria=zion&t=KJV&sf=5
Thus we see this passage describing a journey to ZION - to Jerusalem - to the Holy Land. Baca simply being a stop along the way.

Baca is the word for weeping and also for balsam trees.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
Re: Valley of Baca - Mecca?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 07:59:55 AM »
Mecca is 1200 kilometers away from where the pilgrimage to THE Holy Land referenced in scripture took place.

AnnaMuslim

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 08:32:03 AM »

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 09:18:25 AM »

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • False Prophet Muhammad
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 10:41:35 AM »
As I posted yesterday, you have a task before you AnnaMuslim. You made several accusations. Now it's time to back them up beginning with this one.

Dear Peter

Everything I type is relevant and not spam, you have so little understanding that I have to begin at the basics in order for you to grasp simple Religious concepts, before you are able to understand your role as a human being.You are not a person that listens to logic, you only listen to European and Americanized logic and that makes you a racist, you refute evidence from Hindus and Arabs and Persians that the Ka'aba existed long before Christianity, you present opinions as evidence. Most disturbing is that you quote from the Quran and Hadith out context and verses you have no knowledge of, you act out of ignorance, and your disrespect is not dialogue.  
http://brotherpete.com/index.php?topic=1079.msg6416#msg6416

Where did I "refute" the "evidence" that you claim I refuted?
How can one refute something that one hasn't seen?

Where is the evidence from the Hindus, Arabs and Persians to which you refer?
Please bring the EVIDENCE, and post it at the following thread link so we can compare the EVIDENCE.
http://brotherpete.com/index.php?topic=1138.0

I of course mean historical evidence. Not that 7th and 8th century created Islamic historical fiction penned by those like Ishak and Tabari, but the actual historical record, recorded by those living in or near the times during which it is recorded.